Sunday, 25 April 2010

Phew ....

...... what a busy day!!! Had a lovely breakfast in a local coffee shop with Aaron and Laura, then we went to South Marine Park again. Not so sunny today though. It was warm but really cloudy with a few of those pesky April showers every now and again. During one of the said showers we went to play in one of the Amusement arcades near the sea front. We only do this once or twice a year cos we would bankrupt ourselves each visit otherwise. Laura really loved playing on the 2p falls and I actually won 2 toys at the same time out of one of those grab machines. Not so bad for a couple of quid. Then back to South Marine Park when it cleared up. After tea, bath and bed time I've done some parcels - 19 - ready to post tomorrow as it is now 2 days and counting til the big DIY project begins.

I've started a new knitting project for Laura. I found a fab pattern in Knit n Purl in Shields yesterday for an Aran gilet with a really easy cable down each front panel. Done one already and took the right hand front with me and I've just got 6cm to do now until I shape the arms. I've chosen a gorgeous clovery pink for it and as the yarn is plain without any tweed or striping effect you can really see the cable. I might even go so far as to say that I will keep the pattern and knit it for again when she grows out of it - albeit in a different shade next time. It is even hooded and with a funky eyelash yarn trim.

Will add photos another day - too dark right now to take them. Right I'm off to watch the Elemis hour on QVC to grab a bargain or 2 I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment