Friday, 23 April 2010

I've landed - again


Here I am in blog land again. I decided to set up a new blog where I can spout on randomly about anything that wanders into my mind at that moment. I've called this blog by the same name as my online and ebay shop simply because it is easier for me to remember. The shop and my family take up the most of my time but I love to read, scrapbook, make ATCs, knit, crochet and research my family tree.

I am really in a knitting frame of mind at the moment - I seem to love hobbies where there is an end product. Don't get me wrong, I still love my scrapbooking but this last couple of days I've had to put most of it away because Aaron and I are about to start doing some major DIY in our flat next week.

Aaron is my boyfriend/partner. We have been together for 9 years this year and have a lovely daughter called Laura who will be 7 in a couple of months. We live in a lovely Edwardian flat in South Shields in the North East of England. It is by the seaside and also the River Tyne and is where the Tyne meets the North Sea. A really fab place to live especially on sunny days whether warm or cold. The beach is such a fantastic place to visit for a bracing winter walk or to relax and chill in the summer. The best thing was seeing snow on the beach earlier this year through the awful snowy spell we had.

The other big thing in my life, besides my family, my business and my hobbies, is my weight loss. I have been going to Weight Watchers since the end of November 2009 and have lost 37lbs so far and am hoping for more come next Tuesday!!! I have been wanting to lose weight for a long time but the death of my Mum in August 2008 really knocked me for six. Once the dust began to settle and we had got things sorted and her house rented out, I decided that I must do something about my weight as I really wasn't happy with it. I know that my journey has just begun but I am on the right track at the moment and am determined to continue, even if I do have the odd bad day or bad week.

As I said earlier on my hobby of choice is knitting at the moment. I have knitted several scarves for Christmas 2009 just to get me back into the swing of it. I have already done a cardi for Laura and a gorgeous hoodie knitted in Sirdar Snuggly Snowflake which knitted up to look like fleece. I did a short sleeve cardi for me, several hats, a tank top for a baby boy and the project on my needles is a short sleeved cardi for a 2 year old girl in a fab self-striping yarn from Wilko's of all places. My next project is another short sleeve gilet/cardi for me to be knitted in Patons Smoothie Dk khaki shade. I will put some photos of some of my projects on here soon when I get more organised. I have done one bag that I have felted also that I use as my current knitting project bag - the picture at the top of the blog is of that bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment